March Alumni Update
March 13, 2012
The FBI Phoenix Citizens’ Academy Alumni Association (FBICAAA) conducted the following events this past fall:
• FBICA Alumni Range Day – On October 21, 2011, 100 FBICAAA members and guests were welcomed to the Range to hear the fascinating conclusion of “The Leesa Jo Shaner Cold Case” by Special Agent Danny Ralph (RET). Following the presentation, members and guests fired FBI weapons at the range and experienced the “shoot house”. The day wrapped up with a barbeque luncheon hosted by the alumni association.
• FBI HQ / Quantico Trip – On November 8-9th, ,2011, 15 Members enjoyed a tour of FBI Headquarters and the FBI Academy at Quantico. This year’s trip also included optional tours of the Capitol and the White House. Attendees dined with the Albuquerque Chapter at the National Press Club as well.
• CREST Program – On November 16th, 2011, the first portion of a CREST program for the National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) was held. The 25 attendees were provided background on the Phoenix Division by SAC Turgal and a presentation on Cybercrimes by a member of the Cyber Squad. This was the first of an eight part program with NAAAP. The FBICAAA is providing food and beverage and assisting the COS in logistics.
• Community Outreach: Financial Fraud – On November 30th, 2011, over 300 people attended the program “Exclusive Insights into an Epic Fraud–An Arresting Story of Madoff’s Unraveling” organized and hosted by the FBICAAA. The successful event was sponsored by RBC Wealth Management. The program featured a case agent from the Madoff investigation and presentations on significant Arizona enforcement matters from the Phoenix White Collar Crime Squads.
• Holiday Parties – The FBICAAA shared holiday season’s greetings at two parties, one in Tucson on December 12 and the other in Phoenix on December 14th, 2011. Board Member Jay Klosterman hosted one event at the kitchen showroom at the SubZero / Wolf Facility in Scottsdale for over 60 people and Jay Zucker hosted the Tucson event at The Maverick Live Country Club for nearly 40 members and guests.
• New Division Office Tour – Members of the Board of Directors of the FBICAAA were provided an advance tour of the new 217,000SF Division Headquarters building by the Division’s Administrative Officer. The FBICAAA donated 2 gas grills to the FBIRA, one for use in the new Phoenix facility and the second for use at the new Tucson RA office. The Phoenix Division relocated to the new office on February 1st, 2012. Tucson will relocate later in March.
• 20th Anniversary Citizens’ Academy Class – The 20th Anniversary Citizens’ Academy Class (Class of 2012) commenced on January 30, 2012. This year’s class was increased to 55 members at the direction of the SAC. The Citizen’s Academy is conducted concurrently in Phoenix on Tuesdays and in Tucson on Thursdays. There were nearly 2 applications submitted for each spot in this year’s class. The 20th Anniversary of the program will be celebrated at the Graduation Dinner to be held on March 28th.
• NAAAP CREST Program – “Crimes Against Children” March 5, 2012, 5:30PM – Subzero Wolf Showroom
• FBICA Class of 2012 Graduation Dinner – March 28, 2012 – Paradise Valley Country Club.
• 17th Annual FBIAA/FBICAAA Tournament for Heroes Golf Classic – April 13th, 2012 – Camelback Golf Club Padre Course www.tournamentforheroes.com
• 2012 FBI HQ / Quantico Trip – June 26-27, 2012 – Washington, DC.
• 20th Anniversary celebration fundraiser to be held late November 2012
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.